Bamboo Towels, Bath Robes & Clothing
Having made a very good choice there a few suggestions to help you get the best from your Bamboo Towels, Bath Robes and Clothing.
WASH BEFORE USE
Careful handling of unwashed towelling products is essential because the loops are not locked into the fabric until the item has been washed several times. When washing it is advisable to use plain warm water allowing the small amount of shrinkage to lock the pile and prevent snagging. If you find a snag or two in your new towel or robe they are easily removed by using a sharp pair of scissors to cut the snag off level with the pile, do not worry, this will not damage the towel.
Never overload your washing machine as this causes heavy abrasion which leads to the fibres breaking down faster so reducing the longevity and durability of the product.
One of the many benefits of Bamboo fabric is its ability to be washed at low temperatures, in so doing this saves you money and time. 30oC – 40oC is the usual although our CLASSIC Range is able to be washed at 60oC due to the added cotton.
Please check the care label on the item before washing.
The choice of detergent you use is important. A simple detergent will suffice, you do not require any that contain whiteners or softeners. These will be detrimental to the fabric because they coat the fibres and block up the micro-gaps in the fabric and this in turn reduces its ability to dry you.
A simple rule: ‘NO SOFTENERS or CONDITIONERS – NO CHLORINE BLEACH or WHITENERS’ Your bamboo product likes a simple life....
After you have washed your bamboo please remove from the machine promptly and shake to remove some of the creasing. We recommend you hang dry them or if you need to you can tumble dry them on a low to medium setting. NEVER use the hot setting. If you wish to iron your towels and garments it is best to use a medium setting and iron while still slightly damp.
We at BAMBO know you will enjoy your new Bamboo products and by following the simple advice you will get years of pleasure.
Taking good care of your new BOC garments will ensure them a prolonged lifetime.
Please take a moment and read through these recommendations:-
- Please always read the care label and washing instructions before cleaning your BOC garments.
- Sort your laundry into groups with similar wash care instructions and assemble garments into like colours
– whites with white, darks with darks and colours with colours.
- The care label washing temperature is the highest permitted temperature point.
However if you are unsure, always wash at a lower temperature rather than higher.
- Turn your BOC garments inside out before washing.
- Please avoid using too much detergent and avoid using fabric detergents which contain bleach.
- Please do not tumble dry garment unless indicated on the care label.
- Please avoid ironing over prints, trims or embellishments.
- Please do not leave garments with white and/or contrast coloured panels soaking for prolonged periods.
- Garments with metal trims should not be left to soak.