Bamboo fibre is made by pulping the grass until it separates into thin threads of fibre, which can be spun for weaving into cloth. Bamboo fibre resembles cotton in its un-spun form , a puffball of light, airy fibers.
Bamboo fabric is used for a range of clothing, such as shirts, dresses, baby wear, socks and slacks, and because of it's antimicrobial properties, is ideal for active wear. Bamboo is often blended with 55% Organic cotton to add structure to garments.
- Naturally soft. Bamboo apparel is softer than the softest cotton, and it has a natural sheen like silk or cashmere. Bamboo drapes like silk or satin, yet is less expensive and more durable. Bamboo/Organic cotton blends are also extremely soft but heavier in weight.
- Allergy reduced. Bamboo’s organic and naturally smooth fiber properties are non-irritating to the skin, making it ideal for people with skin sensitivities or other allergies and dermatitis. Some people can still experience chemical sensitivities, however, depending on the manufacturing process used to produce the fiber.
- Thermal regulating. ensuring that you are warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Bamboo clothing's excellent wicking properties also make it ideal for warm summer days.
- Absorbs moisture. A cross-section of bamboo fiber reveals various micro-holes, allowing bamboo cloth to have superior absorption. This allows bamboo cloth to absorb and evaporate human sweat rapidly. Bamboo fiber is four times more absorbent than cotton.
- Breathable. The porous qualities of bamboo fiber account for it's breathability; clothing made of bamboo resists clinging during hot weather or exercise.
- Anti-bacterial. Bamboo fabric contains a naturally occurring anti-microbial agent, kun, that prevents bacteria from cultivating on it, which means it helps keep you odor free.
- UV protection. Bamboo naturally provides added protection against the sun's harmful UV rays.
Because of it's anti-bacterial and UV resistant properties, bamboo fiber clothing is particularly well suited for performance and exercise wear.
© Bamboo Organic Clothing. All Rights Reserved.